Sunday, January 18, 2009

Jake Peavy

Here we go with the Peavy saga again, but I think it will eventually get done.
My proposal would be:

Cubs get Peavy and Justin Hampson (I put Hampton in there because of Harden's shoulder, Marshall might have to make spot starts, Cotts being no use to the Cubs, Hampton being a little older to be on a rebuliding phase will put relief pitchers in the trade, and Hampton is a lefty relief pitcher which the Cubs desperately need).
Padres get top prospect Vitters, Cedeno, Hart, Hill, Olsen, and one player in the Derosa deal.

This is mine

Now what Jim Hendry and Towers will come up with will be pretty close in my opinon.

Cubs get Peavy.
Padres get Vitters, Cedeno, Hart, Hill, and Olsen.

On other news, the Cubs are close to arbitration elgible Kevin Gregg and Michael Wuertz to one year deals.

I will keep you posted.

1 comment: