Sorry for the inactivity on my blog but I've been busy with work and school. I'll write up a fast post about what players are expected to get the call-up: All these players are from Triple A and Jim Hendry won't call them up until their season finishes.
1) P Mitch Atkins: He will see another stint in the majors and will probably be their for the rest of the season. Atkins has look good at times, but he has look like crap at times, like the whole bullpen.
2) P Jeff Stevens: He will also see another stint in the majors from previous reports. He came over in the Mark Derosa trade with the Indians. Just like Atkins, he has look good at times and times he gives up runs like crazy. I've notice when Stevens is called up at first, he pitches good but when he's sent down and re-called, he it bad. I don't get how that works.
3) P Jeff Samardzija: He started with the Cubs after spring training, but was sent down and never seen the majors again. This is an obvious move because Jeff has looked great in Triple A and he finally discovered a second pitch. Scouts say that second pitch is working out good for him. Jim Hendry said he will get a couple starts and with the pending injury of Gorzelanny...that could happen soon.
4) P Brian Schlitter: I'm not a big fan of him and could care less if he was re-called. But, he will be called up. Too me, he only has one pitch and that's a fastball. And, that's not good to be a major league pitcher.
5) OF Sam Fuld: He has a short stay in the majors but deserves to see another major league stint. Fuld is no way a starter but a good 4th OF because of his defense. His defense is spectacular in my mind. He has no fear for his body and goes all out when he plays.
6) OF Brad Snyder: He has never see the majors in his career and he's expected to see it for the first time soon. However, he's currently not on the 40 man roster and every spot is taken on the roster. The Cubs would have to make a move to call him up, then. I think there's a good chance the Cubs move Grabow from the 15 day DL to the 60 day DL. That would open a spot for Snyder. We'll just have to wait and see what the Cubs do.
7) Welington Castillo: He was on the bench for yesterdays game but was inactive because he wasn't officially called up. It was just in case the Cubs put Soto back on the DL...but that looks unlikely right now. I don't know if he's still with the Cubs or if he went back down to Triple A. I just hope he gets more playing time than his last stint, where he only made 2 starts.
The roster would be:
C: Soto, Hill, Castillo
1B: Nady, Hoffpauir
2B: DeWitt, Barney
3B: Ramirez, Baker
OF: Soriano, Byrd, Colvin, Fukudome, Fuld, Snyder
P: Zambrano, Dempster, Wells, Gorzelanny, Coleman, Diamond, Marmol, Marshall, Cashner, Samardzija, Maine, Russell, Berg, Atkins, Schlitter, Mateo, Stevens, Silva (pending), Caridad (pending)
Esmalin Caridad and Carlos Silva have pending next to them because they could be activated from the DL and I think there's a good chance they both will be.
This moves are not official but Cubs.come reported these are the players that will get the call.