Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Kevin Gregg Should be Traded or Demoted...

In last nights game Kevin Gregg blew his second save. Since Gregg has been a Cub, he has not done anything. I think Gregg should be traded or demoted from the closer roll. I think it should be Guzman closer, Marmol 8th inning and Ascaino 7th inning.

Kevin Gregg is 31 years old and is getting 4.2 million this year. That is a lot of money for a guy that has trouble getting outs.

Here are a few names I wouldn't care if the Cubs traded for:

Joe Nathan: He is 35 years old and is getting 33.75 million thru 2011 and has a club option for 2012 worth 12.5 million. The Twins are in second place and are 3.5 games out of first. My guess is he won't be traded because the Twins will be in the race all year long.

George Sherrill: He is 31 years old and is getting 2.75 million this year. The Orioles are in last place and 7.5 games out. I think he will be traded because the O's want to get younger and the O's will be out of the race all year long.

Huston Street: He is 26 years old and is making 4.5 million this year. The Rockies are in last place and 14.5 games out. I also can see him being trade because the Rockies are already out of the race.

Brian Wilson: He is 27 years old and is getting 0.48 million. The Giants are in second place and 9 games out. I think he won't be traded because the Giants will be fighting for the wild card (in my opinion) and he is a cheap ball player as of right now.

This is who I will go after first (rated 1-4):

1) Huston Street (young)
2) Brian Wilson (young and cheap)
3) George Sherrill (older but still a strong pitcher)
4) Joe Nathan (old and way to much money left on his contract)

Tomorrow I will have the top of the line pitchers, the Cubs could be looking at.

I will still keep you updated on everything Cubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment