Saturday, January 2, 2010

Predicting Roster for 2010 Season...

Since the Cubs sign Marlon Byrd, here is my updated version of the roster:

Line-up:
1) Ryan Theriot SS
2) Kosuke Fukudome RF
3) Derrek lee 1B
4) Aramis Ramirez 3B
5) Marlon Byrd CF
6) Alfonso Soriano LF
7) Geovany Soto C
8) Jeff Baker 2B

Starting Rotation:
1) Carlos Zambrano
2) Ryan Dempster

3) Ted Lilly
4) Randy Wells
5) Tom Gorzelanny

Bullpen:
Closer-Carlos Marmol

Set-up-Angel Guzman
LHP-John Grabow
Lefty Long Relief-Sean Marshall
Righty Long Relief-Carlos Silva
Righty Long Relief-Jeff Samardzija
RHP: Esmalin Caridad

Bench:
Koyie Hill C
Mike Fontenot IF
Micah Hoffpauir 1B/RF
Sam Fuld OF
Andres Blanco 2B/SS

Early Roster Predictions:
1) I think Tom Gorzelanny will out play Jeff Samardzija for the 5th spot in the starting rotation. Jeff is going into spring training as a starting pitcher
2) I also think Jeff Baker will out play Mike Fontenot for the starting second baseman job. Mike is going into spring training as the starting second baseman.

Other Notes that I think:
I think the Cubs will add a SP, RP, 2B/SS, 4th OF and a bench player before opening day. Maybe not all but at least 2, I say a RP and a 4th outfielder for sure.

I will have an updated roster when the Cubs make another move which seems unlikely right now as the rumors are pretty slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment