Friday, January 22, 2010

Rumors, Rumors Keep on Rolling in...

News from Bruce Levine:

He says the Cubs are still talking to Padres about RP Luke Gregerson and Closer Heat Bell and with the Blue Jays about RL Jason Frasor. I think the best one the Cubs can get is Gregerson because he is cheaper and won't cost as much.

The Cubs are moving on from Dye because he is still asking for to much. Levine said he will have to take a 60% discount or retire. I still think Dye is the best option.

The Cubs have contacted RP Kicko Calero but at this point have no interest in him. This downplays the Foxsports report that the Cubs and Calero are talking numbers. I figure that.

The Cubs have interest OF Johnny Gomes to be the 4th OF and he confirms it. Gomes signs a minor league deal with Reds last year and might of pays off. In 281 at-bats he had 20HR, not bad. I think Gomes is pretty much only a pinch hitter like Jake Fox because he can't field and not a 4th OF. If the Cubs do sign Gomes, there should be another OF on there way. That is what I think.

I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment