Monday, May 11, 2009

Notes, awards in Month and a half.

Cubs.com reports that Derrek Lee will not be placed on the DL.

MVP: Alfonso Soriano- I have to give it to him because of his home runs and for taking more walks this year.

LVP: Milton Bradley- I have to give it to him because he is not hitting the ball. I still think in about a month, he will be the same hitter as last year.

Best pitcher: Rich Harden- I think he is the best pitcher because his first 3 outings he was averaging 10 strikeouts and has a record of 3-1.

Worst Pitcher: I think it is Dempster because he gets a lot of money in the off season and doesn't live up to the contract. He does not look like the 17 game winner the Cubs had last year.

Best relief pitcher: Angel Guzman- It was between him and Marmol but I think Guzman is the best by a centermeter. Guzman is only 27 and has a nice fastball with command, which Pinella likes. I think it should go Guzman in the seventh, Marmol in the eigth and Gregg in the nineth because Heilman is struggling.

Worst relief pitcher: Neal Cotts- This one was the eaisest one to me because he can't throw strikes and gives up too many runs. I think when lefty, minor leaguer Waddell is ready the Cubs will trade or Cut Neal Cotts and bring him up.

Those are my awards for a month and a half. I will always keep you posted on everything Cubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment