Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cubs Rumors...

Lou Pinella said 2010 will be his last time managing in the MLB.

The Could would like to OF Reed Johnson back at a reasonable price.

Zambrano on being shop in the offseason:

"Why, are you guys our general manager now?" he said. "I don't care. If the Cubs want to trade me, it's because they don't like me anymore. I have to move on. What else can I do? I just move on." Zambrano added he doesn't want to waive his no-trade rights, then left, saying: "That's enough."

The Cubs are expected to make a big push for a leadoff man and they are going to go strongly after Chone Figgins.

Wittenmyer and Sullivan both reject the report from ESPN's Bruce Levine yesterday saying the Cubs have begun extension talks with Grabow

I will keep you posted.


  1. what are the possibilities of Ryne Sandberg taking over for Lou when he retires?

  2. I say it is pretty good because he played for the Cubs and is a hall of Famer. He took the Smokies to the playoff and he is not as dumb as Pinella. He also has steem be tossed out about 10 times this year.

    The Cubs nned that. I say it is a 80% of getting hired after Pinella retires with the other 20% with a new manager.