Monday, March 2, 2009

Jake Peavy News

Jake Peavy news:

According to a report from the Chicago Tribune, the Cubs had not restart Peavy trade talk since the winter meetings. Also the Tribune says Jake Peavy is still high on the Cubs list. After facing the Cubs yesterday in spring training, he look like a guy that wants to play for the Cubs. Member the Padres still have to cut budget by either trading Brian Giles and Jake Peavy. The Cubs just have to wait until the ownership is resolve first before they start the talks.

This is what peavy had to say about his views of the Cubs. This is provided by the Chicago Tribune:

"Obviously, Chicago was a team that I did have an interest in playing for, and I respect [general manager] Jim Hendry and the organization," he said. "I respect a lot of the players they have and feel like they have a good bunch, and obviously [it's] a great city. [Those] were reasons I identified the Cubs as a team I wanted to be a part of if I had to move on from San Diego."

"Other than doing that, I just let the guys making the decisions make them. I have no idea [what will happen]. I know I'm here and I have to prepare like I'm a San Diego Padre."

This is another tidbit from Paul Sullivan or the Chicago Tribune, he said chief executive officer Sandy Alderson of the San Diego Padres may be in line for the same job when the Rickett family takes over. Sandy did not want to comment. Sandy also said a little while ago that she would step down when the ownership is resolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment