Friday, March 27, 2009

Moorad on Jake Peavy, Cubs beat White Sox again, Updates

Lou Pinella said that on Sunday he will decide on the backup catcher and the closer.

According to Cubs.com, the Cubs outrighted Brad Snyder to Triple A Iowa before Friday's game against the White Sox.

The Cubs are expected to cut more players by the weekend. Now the Cubs got 37 people on the 40 man roster. Also the Cubs only have 36 people at camp.

Moorad told Center:

"It would be premature for me to say what is going to happen. The goal is to build this for the long term. I don't know how that impacts the Peavy situation. But we're going to do whatever we can to improve the team."

Mike Ferrin got more information on Jake Peavy from Moorad:

"Peavy has been a terrific performer for the club at the same time I don't think any player is untouchable. I think at some point I am sure Kevin Towers and I will visit about the issue and Kevin will have a point of view and frankly I'll defer to it. I certainly want to be kept informed but I think Kevin will have a perspective on the Peavy situation and I really looking forward hearin."

Spring Training Recap:

The Cubs beat the White Sox 9-4.

These players will make the team for sure.

Alfonso Soriano went 2 for 4 with a single, double, rbi and a strikeout.
Kosuke Fukudome went 1 for 4 with a single and a strikeout.
Derek Lee went 2 for 4 with a single, double, rbi and a strikeout.
Milton Bradley went 1 for 2 with a single, 2 walks and a strikeout.
Aramis Ramirez went 0 for 4 with a rbi and a strikeout.
Aaron Miles went 3 for 4 with 3 singles, rbi and a strikeout
Ryan Theriot went 1 for 3 with a single, and a walk.
Joey Gathright went 0 for 1.
Pitchers:
Carlos Zambrano pitch 6 innings and gave up 5 hits, 2 runs, 2 walks and 3 strikeouts. He also went 0 for 3 with 2 rbi's.

Notables:
Koyie Hill went 1 for 2 with a double, 2 rbi's and a walk.
Angel Guzman pitch 1 inning and gave up 2 hits, 1 run and 2 strikeouts.
Luis Vizcaino pitch 1 inning and struck out 1.

Let see what happens with that and I will keep you posted on spring training.

No comments:

Post a Comment