Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What to do with the Cubs OF Situation...

There has been a lot of questions of how the rotation is going to be in the Cubs outfield. While Soriano is only playing like 6 innings now, Tyler Colvin is coming in for Soriano and will Nady take an outfielder spot.

The outfielders on the roster are Alfonso Soriano, Marlon Byrd, Kosuke Fukudome, Xavier Nady and Tyler Colvin.

This is what I would do:

I would bench Soriano for a couple days and give him time to get his head in tone and take more batting practice. Then start him with like 3 days off and see what he does. If he does not produce bench him but if he hits keep playing him. But still take him out in the 6th or 7th as a defencive replacement. Jim Hendry should be shopping him and trying to get something in return which will take forever.

When Soriano is off, I would play Xavier Nady in LF. This might be a surprising move but I would send Tyler Colvin down to Triple A and recall Sam Fuld from Triple A. Here is why I would do that, I think Colvin needs to play everyday and not be a defensive replacement for either Soriano or Nady. Sam Fuld is also a better defender than Colvin.

If I had to send a outfield out tomorrow, it will be Nady in LF, Byrd in CF and Fukudome in RF. With Soriano and Fuld on the bench.

That is how my outfield rotation would go.

No comments:

Post a Comment