Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What will the Cubs do in the 8th Inning...

In 7 games so far, the Cubs are 3-4. In the 4 losses they have, 3 have come in the 8th inning of the game. So how will the 8th inning go now?

Going into the season, the 8th inning was going to be righty Esmalin Caridad and lefty John Grabow. But those 2 lost the 3 games in the 8th. 2 for Grabow and 1 for Caridad.

Yesterday Jeff Samardzija cam in the 8th and pitch a 1-2-3 inning but I hope he is not it. Pinella did say lefties James Russell and Sean Marshall will come in down the stretch in late innings. Marshall has been pitching lights out and Russell has pitch good so far in his rookie season.

But when Ted Lilly returns (his date is now set for April 24th at Milwaukee) who will get sent down. Justin Berg, James Russell, Jeff Samardzija or Esmalin Caridad. In my opinion, I say the 2 that should stay up are Russell and Caridad. I have faith in Caridad because he only walk 1 batter all spring training and I think he will come around. And Russell because he has done nothing so far to get sent down. So who will it be Jeff Samardzija or Justin Berg (my choices). I say the decision will come down to whoever plays the worse from here to when he returns. My pick is Samardzija will get sent down but if Berg does not play a lot, it has a good chance to be him.

I guess we just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment