Sunday, December 6, 2009

Lou Pinella Might Return Past 2010...

A report by the Sum-Times mention that current Cubs manager Lou Pinella might return past the 2010 season. During the 2009 season, Pinella said he would retire after the 2010 season.

Pinella said this at the RedsFest: ''Look, I wouldn't manage this year if I didn't have the competitiveness and the desire to win. I look forward to this team bouncing back from last year and playing really, really well and giving ourselves a chance in postseason again."
''I don't know [what it would take to want to return]. I like to talk about our baseball team, our organization. I don't like to talk about myself. We'll see what happens. I enjoy what I do, and as long as the organization is pleased -- but let's see. I'm 66 years old. I'm no spring chicken.''

The Cubs have not spoke to Pinella about a possible return after the 2010 season but new owner Tom Ricketts said he thinks Pinella is one of the best managers. Mr. Ricketts will evaluate the Cubs front office after the 2010 season.

About a possible return, Pinella said this: ''We'll see, but I'm really looking forward to this season, working with our new owner and his family and getting this team back on top again."
''I met [Ricketts] in Phoenix [at the Cubs' organization meetings] about a month ago, and I came away very impressed. This is what the Cubs needed, a guy who's been a Cub fan his whole life and who is competitive and has built a successful business, and now he wants to win with the Cubs. I'm looking forward to that transition.''


If Pinella is open to returning next year, I would only sign him if his head is straighten and don't make any bad moves because he mad a lot of bone head moves last season in my opinion.

I will keep you posted as the Winter Meetings starts tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment