Sunday, November 8, 2009

Quick Tidbits...

Phil Rogers said the Cubs will probably look for relief pitchers via trade and some names that could be made available this winter are:

Kerry Wood of the Indains.
Francisco Cordero of the Reds.
Matt Capps of the Pirates.
Joe Nathan of the Twins.
Chad Gaudin of the Yankees.
Johnathan Pappelbon of the Red Sox.
Brian Wilson of the Giants.
Bobby Jenks of the White Sox.

Those are some names, I can think of and I know they are moistly closers. I like Wood, Pappelbon, and Cordero the best.

Also Rogers mention that the Cubs could look for starting pitchers to fix the openies os Harden leaves and Ted Lilly's injury. Here are some cheap option in which the Cubs will look:

Doug Davis
Vincente Padilla
Brett Myers
Eric Bedard
Braden Looper
Randy Johnson

In that list, I like Brett Myers and Eric Bedard the best.

I will keep you posted and remember the GM meetings are tomorrow as we await rumors on the Cubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment